Saturday, November 22, 2014

Random Acts of Art - 03

All Artwork is by Grady Lyda
In 1970 when I was conceiving these futuristic outfits for my comic books, the 21st Century was still 30 years away  that time-span equals an entire human generation. This was pure sci-fi in my mind and I could scarcely imagine actually living during the Twenty-Hundreds...
...well, I'm still here. My first science fiction epic (published in 1976) takes place in 2020  the Year of Perfect Vision: see The STAR Boundary. The design seen above-left appeared in that story. Maybe we'll see it again when Twenty-Twenty really arrives.
This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one. – Arthur C. Clarke
REALITY is for people who can't face SCIENCE FICTION
For more like this, go to  Random Acts of Art - 01  &  - 02  &  - 04

No comments:

Post a Comment