Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jazz Semiconductor - 02

All Artwork is by Grady Lyda
Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real. – Jules Verne
 
Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise. – Mary Kay Ash  
As a Jazz graphic designer, I made the above image to portray the creation of a newly formed integrated circuit. Later, I worked in the Level 6 Cleanroom as a FAB Operator, which means I personally FABricated the tiny microchips that make your electronic devices possible.
See the PDF of my Jazz Values PPT Presentation 
 I was careful to precisely line up the artwork on the front (top) & back (below) of this postcard. On the back you can see a faint image of the front side -- but the tree in the window is strangely missing. If you hold the card up to a strong light, the tree will magically reappear.
 
Originally it was ROCKWELL Semiconductor Systems, and now this hi-tech facility is called TowerJazz. Below is a video that shows the Newport Beach, California, cleanroom where I've worked for 4 years. It seems speeded up, but it's not... we really move that fast.
The star of this show is Chelsea, who appears several times as a lot mover transporting boxes full of silicon (glass) wafers on a metal cart. The diagrams featured above were made by me. Part of my animated GIF (below) can be seen in the video at 1:44. 
People want to know how much you care before they care how much you know. – James F. Hind
I designed an Award that could easily be printed on one sheet of paper and given to a worthy employee. Simple. Many managers, however, were mightily confused about what to do with it, so I needed to make the above animated GIF to show the proper way to fold the darned thing.
Grady shoots himself before entering the restricted Jazz Semiconductor clean room in 2005
For more like this, go to Jazz Semiconductor - 01  &  Jazz Semiconductor - 03

No comments:

Post a Comment