Saturday, March 14, 2015

Six More Films: Elora's Project - 05

Videos, Artwork and Text by Elora Gracel Lyda
Various scenes cut from the Rian Johnson movie "Brick" (2005) reshot for a UCLA class project to learn and understand film techniques. My first serious film project! I definitely learned a lot... Huge thanks to Jeramie Rellos for finding my major location at the actual movie site in San Clemente!!! =D
Here's Elora filming her volunteer actors on Wednesday, November 11, 2009
 


The Trainmaster from Elora Lyda on Vimeo

Final project for my UCLA Fall 2008 Motion class. We were instructed to create a video based on a random song we got from a list our teacher chose. I guess I was pretty happy with mine (called "Hijack"). =)  It gave me an opportunity to showcase my dark side that people aren't generally aware I have. Haha ~



Leave Me Alone from Elora Lyda on Vimeo

Done with my good friend Jon Dallas! This video was made to represent the contrast between black and white, dull dark and boring, with color, life and excitement. The sickeningly bright rotoscoped animals are my fav. =)  Modified from a Buster Keaton film clip.




My Christmas Video for Roger's Gardens in Newport Beach, showcasing our awesomely gorgeous Christmas Gallery! =)  If you have the chance, come check it out! Santa makes weekend visits too, so there's that... haha. xD  Music: George Winston - "Carol of the Bells"




First real attempt at hand drawn, frame by frame animation. This is only the first 20 seconds... it's the intro to the rest of the animation which will be about 3-4 mins. It's just taking a while to draw, but I think this intro is a good "teaser trailer" almost. =)  Put together and edited in After Effects CS4.  Music: Robert Le Magnifique - "Twenty Eight Love Song" 


Elora was an only child & Lilly was her sister. The previous film, "Cat Years," shows when they first met & Elora named her "Lilly Heart" because there was the image of a heart between her ears (see it at 0:56). Soon after this video was made, Lilly calmly died from old age.
For more like this, go to Elora - 01 & 02 & 03 & 04 06 & 07 & 08 & 09 & 10

No comments:

Post a Comment